Thursday, November 15, 2012

How NOT to clean a barn

The long awaited explanation of my deep emotional trauma.

We've already discussed the dangers of my sweet Minnie getting bored and pooing during milking time. Well, I've learned a very difficult lesson on how not to, under any circumstances, clean it up by throwing a bucket of water on the ground.

Picture if you will, my barn. I milk on a concrete pad adjacent to an outside wall. One day, I thought I was very clever, and filled a 5 gallon bucket of water and threw it on the floor towards the wall.

Can you picture the splash physics of such an action? Here's a link that might interest you.

anatomy of a splash

I can attest that there is indeed a "kerplap" in a poo-fill splash, much like the one documented in slide 11. Unlike the splash in this study, the "radial jet" was definitely more sinister. In fact, the poo-filled splash was down-right evil.

Before I could respond by say, closing my eyes and mouth, I was covered.....covered in poo water. Covered in poo water!

After few seconds of shock, standing completely still and murmuring "nooo, noooo" I started running. Straight down the hill, into my shower.


3 comments:

  1. I love reading these! You all are the best. California XOXOs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you decided to clean the barn after I was no longer there! I am laughing my head off at your discomfort, because I can totally see it in my head. Hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'm not as clever as Meek Family, but I can't picture it very well. Perhaps if you could set up a camera taking still shots every 11.6 milliseconds then do it again and post the pictures I would understand it all a little better. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete